Does Your Child Use Violence To Resolve Problems? Tips On How To Deal With Your Child’s Violence
Does Your Child Use Violence To Resolve Problems?
Maya, a Blédina mom of 2, shares her struggle concerning her 5-year-old daughter Mia Naomi and her use of violence. Watch the video and read the tips below to discover ways to encourage your child to get rid of this bad habit.
- Lead by example, don’t hit as a punishment.
- Make sure your child takes responsibility for his/her actions.
- Give your child a time out in order for them to reflect.
- Be patient and explain to your child that what he/she did was wrong.
- Teach your child defend themselves verbally, not physically.
- Teach your child to come to you for support.